If you happen to’re hankering for Apple’s upcoming macOS 14 Sonoma working system, you don’t have lengthy to attend. Following Monday’s “Wonderlust” media occasion, the corporate posted that macOS Sonoma will probably be launched to most of the people on September 26.
Sonoma was first unveiled at WWDC earlier this 12 months as the subsequent iteration of Apple’s desktop working system. It touts a number of new options, from interactive widgets and dynamic display savers to huge upgrades to Safari. As soon as September 26 comes round, customers can discover the replace on their Macs underneath Settings -> Normal -> Software program Replace.
These are the gadgets suitable with Sonoma, per Apple:
- iMac 2019 and later
- iMac Professional 2017
- Mac Professional 2019 and later
- Mac Studio 2022 and later
- MacBook Air 2018 and later
- MacBook Professional 2018 and later
- Mac mini 2018 and later
Within the meantime, listed here are a few of our various upcoming macOS Sonoma options:
- Dynamic display savers: Beautiful slow-motion eye sweet of landscapes, cityscapes, underwater scenes, overhead scenes, and extra that play if you let your Mac sleep.
- iPad-like Lock Display: Sonoma fronts a slick new lock display interface that takes a be aware from the iPad.
- Safari profiles: Profiles permit customers to partition data like historical past, cookies, and web site knowledge into particular profiles. This could permit for simpler switching between work and private shopping.
- Widgets on desktop: Now you can place interactive widgets in your desktop, supplying you with a fast look at apps like music and climate.
- Videoconferencing enhancements: New presenter overlays that make for higher display sharing and new animations that activate through gestures captured by the digicam.
If you happen to’ve had an opportunity to play with the latest macOS 14 Sonoma builds, please tell us about your expertise within the feedback.
By way of 9to5Mac